Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Assassin



Hillary Eisen told me she had found some big chunk of ice and wanted to go climb it, needless to say I was a bit skeptical. Hillary told Kevin Craig and myself it was not that far and only a half hour to the ice.....


An hour and a half later we reached the first pitch........

Obviously Hillary had been climbing with me long enough to know that if you want someone go with you on a mission you must always take an hour off the approach and give the perception that the approach is easy.





For some reason I wasnt thinking and realized I was going to unknowingly make this climb even more interesting by only bringing 6 ice screws for nearly a 200 foot climb and I needed at least 2 for an anchor at the top!


The Assassin ended up being a very enjoyable climb and another possible FA!

1 comment:

Stephen Koch said...

Nice looking outing! Looking forward to getting out your way again this winter for some remote ice FA's!